Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Otters Yet Again at Sungei Buloh

Seemed like I was rather lucky these days at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve! I just saw a crocodile on Sunday, and today, I saw 2 otters!

Smooth Otters (Lutrogale perspicillata)
I was back at Sungei Buloh to conduct a workshop for a group of students, and LK saw these two Smooth Otters (Lutrogale perspicillata).

Smooth Otters (Lutrogale perspicillata)
As a monitor lizard crawled by and one of the otters immediately turned over to take a look.

Smooth Otters (Lutrogale perspicillata)
A few students joined me, and the other otter looked up to check things out.

Smooth Otters (Lutrogale perspicillata)
The first otter also decided to check things out.

Smooth Otters (Lutrogale perspicillata)
When they realised that we were not a threat, they went back to slumberland... :)

1 comment:

Shirls said...

Great sighting Ron!